Microsoft awards tuition and conference scholarships each year to encourage students to further their learnings in Computer Science and related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) disciplines. Recipients for the scholarship will be awarded in recognition of their demonstrated passion for technology, academic excellence, and leadership while working to push the software industry forward.
We strongly encourage underrepresented groups to pursue STEM fields of study as we greatly value a broad range of perspectives and contributions. We are especially committed to offering scholarships to those individuals from backgrounds that may have historically been underrepresented in the technical field. We prioritize scholarship applications that demonstrate exceptional leadership work in the promotion of diversity in STEM disciplines at their university.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time in a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program at a four-year college or university in the United States, Canada, or Mexico at the time the application is submitted.
- The scholarship is open to students pursuing Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related STEM field.
Applications for the Conference Scholarship are open from 1 February 2019 to 28 February 2019.
- Recipients receive paid registration to one of the following diversity conferences:
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
- National Society of Black Engineers Conference
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Conference
- Tapia Conference
- Travel, hotel, and meal stipend of $1,200 USD.
- These funds are not transferable to other individuals.