Derek Jones is no stranger to using the law and finances to advance the quality of life for people who have been traditionally excluded from economic participation.
He’s the son of former Florida Sen. Daryl Jones, one of the only state senators ever to secure reparations for African Americans. Twenty-five years ago, Sen. Jones helped get Senate approval for $2.1 million in reparations for survivors of the 1923 Rosewood massacre.
Now Derek is the CEO and co-founder of UnitedCoin, a Securities And Exchange-registered company and cryptocurrency seeking to fill the market gap between the 1 percent of very wealthy crypto investors and the other 99 percent of investors.
And his dad Daryl, the former senator from Florida, sits on Derek’s board of directors.
Around 2017, I saw an influx of people of color coming into the blockchain space because they were seeing it as a way to eliminate the prejudices associated with money.
Derek Jones, CEO and co-founder of UnitedCoin, an SEC-registered company with a cryptocurrency, the UNIT.
Before UnitedCoin, Derek served as chief financial officer for other companies in Florida and is considered an Click here to read entire article