In preparation for the Lagos economic summit, Ehingbeti 2021, which was held last week, the Lagos state government, in partnership with the leading technology company, Techuncode, hosted hub activation sessions for participants.
The Sessions were held with many notable technocrats highlighting the wins and limitations of subjects in the state.
Themed ‘Shaping the future of health, health care, and wellness’ was hosted by HUB ONE featuring Wellvis.
Speakers at the event were Dr Wale Adeosun(CEO, Wellvis), Dr Adaorah Momodu (Co-founder, COO, Oncopadi technologies), Dr Emmanuel Osinaike (CEO, Call a Physio), and Josh Okpata (Founder, EazyHire).
They discussed “The health sector as an engine of economic growth and can contribute greatly to a sustainable healthcare system.”
Also, they highlighted many challenges within the healthcare system and proferred solutions to the problems.
Problems identified during the session
- Healthcare is still a nascent industry.
- Inaccessibility of quality healthcare.
- Lack of sufficient health personnel.
- Poor healthcare infrastructures.
Solutions proffered to some of the problems include;
- Insurance scheme for Lagosians
- Patient empowerment and knowledge of healthcare services and products.
- Invest significantly in research and development.
- Private-Public partnerships (Health Tech startups, Private Healthcare delivery services and Public Healthcare facilities
- Healthcare infrastructure development, starting from the primary healthcare centres.
- Training of healthcare workers
- Create more Cancer screening centres.
- Systems to encourage Medical Click here to read entire article
Source:: Tech city NG